With the weather growing colder, I know we’ll all be spending some more time inside. I thought this would be a good time to chat about some tools I loved to use when I’m decorating our home! Now I’m not great with techology, so all of these are very user friendly for everyone! Plus 2/3 you can use for free!
My 3 Favourite Home Decor Tools
Hello Paint – Peel and stick paint samples
What I love about Hello Paint:
- You get to see a full paint swatch, with out the work of painting your walls
- You can order colours from both Benjamin Moore and Sherwin-Williams.
- The swatches can be used multiple times. This was amazing for seeing how the paint will look on different walls in our house and how the different lighting affects the colour.
- The swatches are large enough to see from a distance so you can get a full picture.
- They ship with Canada Post. This might not seem like a big deal, but I get so annoyed when I find a cool product and they don’t ship to Canada, or a box number!
Here’s some of the colours I ordered to try out!
Canva – Templates for absolutely anything
What I love about Canva:
- I can use it to create a mood board to see the overall feel of a room, or see how a piece of decor would look in an existing room.
- Super user friendly, this is the biggest pro for me!
- There’s a free version has almost all of the features I use. The one feature that’s only available on the paid version is the background eraser tool. I do really like this for planning out my home, because it makes it easier to picture an item in my home.
- You can use a pre-made template for creating a moodboard or make your own.
- You can use it on a webpage or download the app for your phone or tablet.
Here’s one of the moodboards I made, and showing a photo where I used the background eraser tool to see how a chair would look in our living room.
Pinterest – Discover recipes, home ideas, style inspiration and other ideas to try.
What I love about Pinterest:
- I like different styles of interiors and sometimes I’m not exactly sure what I want for a space. When I’m trying to pick something (lets say curtains) I can go on Pinterest, go through everything I’ve pinned and start to see whats in the majority of photos (turns out I love cream coloured curtains which is why the blue ones are getting switched lol).
- There is so many cool ideas out there! It’s so easy to search something you want (like a gallery wall) and hundreds of different ways to style and set up a gallery wall will come up!
Use the link above to see my pinterest board, hopefully it cvan give you some ideas too!
If you have any home decor tools that you love let me know in the comments below!
Events in Our Community This Month
Check out my community calendar to see what’s happening in the Peace Country this month! And if you have any upcoming events you’d like me to include please email me here!